Wellness Lecture Series
“Down to the BONE!”
Preventing and Treating Osteoporosis
with Dr. Lani Simpson, DC, CCD, Author of “Dr. Lani's Bone Health Guide”
Wednesday, November 13th
Pay in advance: $15/person
At the door: $20/person
Pay in advance: $20/person*
At the door: $25/person*
About the lecture
Down to the BONE!
It is never too late to improve bone health.
Learn how to avoid osteoporosis and fractures and learn what you can do if you have been diagnosed with osteoporosis or low bone density.
Conflicting studies are in the news daily. One study says take calcium (Tums) and the next headline reads, “Is calcium causing heart disease?” In this two-hour workshop Dr. Simpson will discuss some of these confusing subjects.
- How to build a good bank account of bone
- Hormones and our bones
- What does the diagnosis of osteoporosis mean?
- What is the difference between bone quality and bone density
- How to increase the your digestion of nutrients
- Nutrition to maintain bone health
- Exercise for all levels of bone density
- Medications for osteoporosis – pros and cons
- If you have been diagnosed with osteoporosis, was the reading of your bone density accurate? You will learn what the diagnosis means.
If you have been diagnosed with osteoporosis was proper lab work ordered to determine whether or not you may be losing bone presently?
About Dr. Lani Simpson, D.C., C.C.D.
Over the past 25 years, Dr. Lani Simpson has established herself as one of the leading experts in women’s health care. She is a Certified Clinical (Bone) Densitometrist and specializes in educating laypeople and health care professionals about the importance of osteoporosis prevention and alternative bone support programs.
Through her seminars, workshops and webinars, Dr. Simpson has helped thousands of people understand the diagnosis of osteoporosis and osteopenia with an emphasis that bone density testing is only one part of the equation when considering bone health. She outlines how to build quality bone with nutrition and healthy digestion as well as exercises that can build and maintain bone mass.
*Non-members receive complimentary parking.